This web filtering product gives you the chance to see what a website is categorised as, and what kind of rating it would be classed as.
E.g. www.bbc.co.uk/news would be:
category = news
description = news and magazines
content rating of G.
The content rating will give you a good idea of if a site will be available for your school, anything G or PG may be allowed, anything else will be blocked. You can use this in conjunction with the description, we have most of the following areas available within schools:
- Business and Work (excluding file hosting & weapons)
- Education (excluding lifestyles and sex education)
- Family Life (excluding photography)
- Kids and Teens (excluding chat)
- Recreation (excluding auctions)
- Reference (limited to news)
- Society (limited to government, society and politics)
The above is a representation of most schools configuration, some schools have requested specific types of websites to be blocked/unblocked so there is still a chance it may/may not be accessible within your school, if blocked you would need to get it requested by one of your schools authorised users.